Initial emergence of Emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) has begun in Wisconsin and is likely occurring throughout Wisconsin at this time. Peak emergence is approaching.
EAB continues to be found in new areas. Wisconsin continues to track EAB at the municipality or township level; quarantine counties are shown in tan and infested areas are shown in green on the map below.
New county quarantines
New finds in counties already quarantined
- Columbia County — cities of Columbus and Lodi
- Dane County — villages of Dane, Waunakee, and Windsor; cities of Fitchburg, Monona, and Sun Prairie; towns of Blooming Grove, Dane and Westport
- Dodge County — city of Horicon
- La Crosse County — town of Washington
- Manitowoc County — town of Cooperstown
- Sheboygan County — village of Elkhart Lake
- Trempealeau County — village of Trempealeau
Written by: Linda Williams, forest health specialist, Woodruff, (Linda.Williams@wisconsin.gov), 715-356-5211 x232.