Join the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Wisconsin Arborist Association for the 2022 Wisconsin Annual Urban Forestry Conference. The conference will be held on Feb. 20 – 22 at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay with select sessions available for attendance virtually.
The DNR and the Wisconsin Arborist Association developed three days of enriching educational programming on the latest in research, innovations and industry developments and issues in the arboriculture and urban forestry industry.
This conference is intended for professional arborists, community foresters, nursery professionals, park and recreation directors and staff, tree care workers, landscape architects, green industry professionals, community administrators, volunteers and students.
Conference attendees will enjoy a climbers’ corner, an exhibit hall and multiple opportunities for networking and socializing.
This year, expert presentations include:
- Protecting Trees Around Construction
- Urban Wood Utilization Practices
- Growing the Trees Where People Live
- Online Tree Selector Tools
- As the Climate Warms, Trees Feel the Heat
- Storm Preparedness
- Tree Defense Strategies to Insects
- Managing Urban Areas for Wildlife
- Tree Planting and Establishment/Post Planting Care
- The Cost of Not Maintaining Trees
- Wisconsin’s Champion Trees Program
- Trending Tree Insect Issues
- Soil and Site Evaluation for Tree Planting
- Planning for the Next Three Letter Urban Tree Canopy Changer: Lessons Learned with DED, EAB, etc.
ISA Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) credits and Certified Treecare Safety Professional (CTSP) credits are available for qualifying presentations.