The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is hiring a Limited-Term Employment position – Urban Forestry Council Liaison and Outreach Specialist located at our central office in Madison, Wisconsin.
This dual LTE appointment is made of two 20-hour positions for an expected work schedule of 40 hours per week. The intention is to hire one candidate for both positions.
Applications are due April 27, 2022. Keep reading for more information on the positions and how to apply.
Position 1, Urban Forestry Council Liaison:
The Urban Forestry Council Liaison provides a vital link between the Wisconsin Urban Forestry Council, the statewide urban forestry community (business, municipalities and special interests) and the DNR’s Secretary and Chief State Forester to develop strategies to preserve, protect, expand and improve Wisconsin’s urban and community forest resources through coordinating and facilitating the activities of the Wisconsin Urban Forestry Council.
Position 2, Urban Forestry Outreach Specialist:
The Urban Forestry Outreach Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring statewide and regional outreach efforts with internal staff and external partners. This position is responsible for creating, curating and administering strategic outreach and communication efforts that enhance the message of the Urban Forestry Team.
Between $21.00 – $23.00 per hour depending on experience and training.
- Experience in directing and managing professional and nonprofit organizations, program management and/or event coordination and strategic planning.
- Education and/or experience in urban forestry or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working on a team.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment.
- Occasional travel within Wisconsin is required.
- Previous executive-level staff support experience.
- Previous experience with print, web publishing, webinar, social media and other media.
- Previous experience in project management, public information, adult education, public relations and/or marketing.
Learn More And Apply Today
Visit Wisc.Jobs and search for Job ID 5580 to read the full job description and apply. The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m. on April 27, 2022.
As you complete your application, you will be able to save your application as many times as needed and make edits until you submit your application. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any updates to the application or any materials submitted.
Please note that the Wisc.Jobs system will time you out after 30 minutes of activity, so be sure to save your work often to avoid having to re-start the application process.
For any position-related questions, please feel free to contact Jeff Roe at email@example.com.
Your resume and letter of qualifications are very important parts of your application and are used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications related to the job. For instructions on developing your resume and letter of qualifications and what should be included in these materials, click here.