Join the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Wisconsin Arborist Association for the 2022 Wisconsin Annual Urban Forestry Conference. The conference will be held on Feb. 20 – 22 at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay with select sessions available for attendance virtually.
The in-person conference is limited to 462 attendees this year. This is approximately half of our usual attendance.
The early bird discount is available until Jan. 28. Prices will go up on Jan. 29.
To register for the in-person conference, go here.
The virtual conference will be available for viewing all of March. Register for the virtual conference here.
There is also an option to purchase an all-access pass to attend both the in-person conference and the virtual event.
This conference is intended for professional arborists, community foresters, nursery professionals, park and recreation directors and staff, tree care workers, landscape architects, green industry professionals, community administrators, volunteers and students.
Conference attendees will enjoy a climbers’ corner, an exhibit hall and multiple opportunities for networking and socializing. In addition, the Urban Forestry Council will host a trivia night on the first evening of the in-person event, Feb. 20.
This year, expert presentations include:
- Protecting Trees Around Construction
- Urban Wood Utilization Practices
- Growing the Trees Where People Live
- Online Tree Selector Tools
- As the Climate Warms, Trees Feel the Heat
- Storm Preparedness
- Tree Defense Strategies to Insects
- Managing Urban Areas for Wildlife
- Tree Planting and Establishment/Post Planting Care
- The Cost of Not Maintaining Trees
- Wisconsin’s Champion Trees Program
- Trending Tree Insect Issues
- Soil and Site Evaluation for Tree Planting
- Planning for the Next Three Letter Urban Tree Canopy Changer: Lessons Learned with DED, EAB, etc.
ISA Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) credits and Certified Treecare Safety Professional (CTSP) credits are available for qualifying presentations.