An Arbor Day celebration and proclamation will be required in 2022 to earn or maintain Tree City USA designation. An Arbor Day celebration will also be required to earn or maintain Tree Campus Higher Education and Tree Line USA recognition.
There are many ways a community/campus/utility might meet this standard, including:
- An in-person gathering (e.g. community tree planting or festival)
- A virtual event (e.g. webinar or live streamed tree planting)
- A social media post or campaign
- Mail outreach (e.g. A Right Tree, Right Place educational flier)
- A tree distribution
- Direct, in-person outreach or trainings (e.g. workshops educating community members about their community trees)
Proclamations should declare a local Arbor Day, and ideal celebrations will occur on or surrounding Arbor Day. However, it is not required for the celebration to occur on or surrounding Arbor Day.
To learn more about Tree City USA requirements, click here.