Join the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Wisconsin Arborist Association (WAA) for the 2024 Wisconsin Annual Urban Forestry Conference. The conference will be held from Feb. 25 to 27 at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay.
The DNR and the WAA have developed three days of enriching educational programming on the latest research, innovations, developments and arboriculture and urban forestry industry issues.
This conference is intended for professional arborists, community foresters, nursery professionals, park and recreation directors and staff, tree care workers, landscape architects, green industry professionals, community administrators, volunteers and students.
Conference attendees will enjoy a climbers’ corner, an exhibit hall and multiple opportunities for networking and socializing.
- Information and Q&A on Applying for DNR’s Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Grant Opportunity
- Biology, Identification and Management of Woody Decay in Urban Trees
- Snags in the Urban Forest
- How to Educate the Public on Trees
- Gravel Bed Trees and Leveraging Community Tree Planting Programs
- Uncharted Waters: Exploring a New Approach to Street Tree Establishment
- Drought and its Effect on Trees
- Why do Trees Care About Soil?
- Trees and Construction BMPs (Best Management Practices)
- Native Shrub and Tree Seed: A Tutorial on Identification, Collection and Cleaning
- Wisconsin’s Insect Trends and Pests to Watch for in 2024
- Spongy Moth Control Program Panel
- Oak Diseases: Diagnosis and Management
- Invasive Woody Plant Impacts and Management Approaches
ISA Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) credits and Certified Treecare Safety Professional (CTSP) credits are available for qualifying presentations.
For more information, please visit the Wisconsin Arborist Association conference webpage.